Specific role of different nutrients in this condition is not clear, yet nutrients (especially micronutrients like vitamins and minerals) deficiency may be responsible for this state. So, some general guidelines can be enlisted as follows-
- Eat food products rich in protein like pulses, beans, sprouts, low-fat milk and other milk based products, eggs etc.
- Increase the intake of vitamins (especially B complex, C and Biotin) and minerals (Zinc and Iron). Some rich sources of these nutrients are whole grains, fruits (especially citrus), vegetables, nuts, glandular meat, dry fruits, mushroom, oysters and egg.
- Hair loss can also be due to food allergy. In such cases the dietary management is entirely dependent on the elimination of that specific food allergen.
- Reduce the intake of refined and processed food products, animal fats (ghee, butter, cream etc.) and meat.
- Essential fatty acid intake should be enhanced.