ANXIETY – HOMEOPATHIC APPROACH
PROCEDURE OF TREATMENT
Environmental factor such as stress, emotional shock triggers theemotional condition, making it weak and prone to develop disorders such as panic, obsessive compulsive disorders, phobias etc. When these disorders develop, they form an outer covering to the inner self, which does not allow any healing support to penetrate. Any pathologicalintervention can further conceal the inner self and result in severe anxiety. In such a case, the emotional level of the person becomes more weak and the person is unable to cope with any emotional stress.
- During case taking, when the patient narrates the symptoms, thehomeopathic physician constantly asks about any unhealthy events happened in his past life or present and his reaction to these situations.
- precipitating factors, describes the immediate circumstances that occur just before an anxiety attack.Emotional shocks like poor examination result, professional or business setbacks, heart breaks. These situations might make a person vulnerable or weak and difficult to cope with the minor ups and downs of life.
- past history, any emotional trauma such as fright, grief or suppressed emotions in childhood, which might have weakened the resistance to deal with adverse circumstances. Further, this emotional weakness results in over-reaction to even minor situations of life.
- physical ailments which are long-term can again weaken the natural defense mechanism, making the person physically and mentally weak.
- family history of anxiety attacks which might cause the children to develop anxious personality.
This will help in finding clues directing towards the reasons, which might have triggered the condition.
- Homeopathic prescription can be based upon the present symptoms and if possible the earlier symptoms and also on any genetic involvement (it will be entirely on the homeopathic physicians judgment and analysis of the case).
- Action of homeopathic medicine: First the Homeopathic medicine will remove the outer covering formed over inner self bringing back the person to the same state from where the emotional condition started to weaken. Once this state is achieved the symptoms of the person are reevaluated and analyzed to prescribe a homeopathic medicine which will further strengthen the internal emotional state and also avoid the recurrence. There can be relapses of anxiety disorder, but the intensity may decrease.
- The homeopathic prescription is based on individualization where the most uncommon (or unique) symptoms of the disease in a person are considered. Depending on these characteristic symptoms a homeopathic remedy having the same personality as that of the person is selected.
The mode of treatment
Anxiety is a normal state with an unpleasant, disagreeable, vague feeling which might not require any treatment but if the episodes of anxiety attacks or anxiety disorders are constant, then the following modes of treatment may be opted:
- Remedial measures
The prescription is based on the totality of symptoms, where the symptoms/personality of the patient are matched with the symptoms/personality of the homeopathic medicines.
It is recommended not to use these medicine without referring a qualified homeopathic physician, as it can complicate the problem.
|Few medicines with respect to some of the symptoms are|
|Anxious||Aconite, Arsenic album, Ignatia, Kali carb, Lachesis, Nux vomica, Phosphorus, Pulsatilla, Sepia.|
|Restlessness||Aconite, Arsenic album, Hyoscyamus, Ignatia, Kali bromium, Phosphorus, Rhus tox, Stramonium.|
|Fear of death, fatal diseases, impending evil||Aconite, Agnus castus, Apis, Arsenic album, Aurum metallicum, Cactus, Digitalis, Lilium tig, Nitric acid, Nux vomica, Phosphorus, Platina, Psorinum.|
|Fear with aversion to solitude||Bismuth, Hyoscyamus, Kali carb, Lycopodium, Phosphorus, Stramonium.|
|Agoraphobia||Aconite, Calcarea carb, Nux vomica.|
|Hydrophobia||Belladonna, Cantharis, Hyoscyamus, Lachesis, Lyssin, Stramonium, Sulphur.|