Careful ! Your Asthma is getting worse
The patient needs immediate medical attention if he notices
- The quick relief medicine is not helping in relieving symptoms as before.
- It is hard to talk, hard to walk.
- If the heart beat is very fast or the patient is breathing rapidly.
- Lips or finger nails turning blue or patient’s nostrils opening wide on breathing.
- Patients wakes up repeatedly at night due to coughing or breathlessness.
These include respiratory infections, collapse of the lung (due to mucus plug, air), toxicity due to drugs (unsupervised long treatment), fainting spells due to cough, growth retardation in children and terminal heart and lung disease (chronic severe under treated asthma).