EXERCISE AND ASTHMA
- An asthmatic should not avoid physical activity.
- Exercise is good for asthmatics but can occasionally trigger an attack.
- Patients should use the reliever medicine ( Salbutamol inhaler) before beginning their exercise routine.
- Swimmingis a very good exercise for asthma.
- Children with asthma should be taught proper breathing exercises (like abdominal breathing, balloon blowing, incentive Peak flow meters).
- If any exercise makes the patient very breathless, then he should consult his doctor for an appropriate medication.