THE MYTHS AND THE REALITY
- Asthma is not a cause for shame (all over the world, many people suffer from asthma).
- Asthma is a non-infectious disease (it doesn’t spread from one person to another).
- Asthma medicines are not addictive (never cut down the dose without consulting your doctor).
- Asthma can not be cured like common cold, but it can be controlled easily (like diabetes, hypertension) by taking regular medicines.
- Asthma medicines do not have any major side effects. As inhalers use small amounts of medicines, they are the first and the safest line of defense against asthma