COMMON TYPES OF ASTHMA
There are three distinct types of asthma that is commonly encountered.
- Seasonal / Atopic Asthma
- Occurs in individuals prone to allergy (repeated cold, sneezing, skin rashes).
- Family history of asthma common.
- Usually begins in childhood.
- Skin test (for detecting triggers) are mostly positive.
- Non seasonal / Intrinsic Asthma
- History of allergy usually absent.
- Often begins in adult life.
- Family history of asthma usually absent.
- Occupational Asthma
- This asthma occurs due to exposure to specific allergens at the work place.