Jalandhara Bandha (Glottis-lock)
‘Jala’ means a net or a web.
- Keep the back erect and rigid.
- Lower the head to the trunk.
- Rest the chin in the notch between the collar bones just above the breast bone.
- Jalandhara Bandha regulates the flow of energy (Prana) and blood to the heart, the glands in the neck and the head (brain).
- If Pranayama is practised without doing Jalandhara Bandha, pressure is immediately felt on the heart, behind the eye balls, in the ear cavity and the head feels dizzy.