osteoporosis – do’s & don’ts
- Take diet adequate in calcium, vitamin D and proteins.
- Do weight bearing exercises which helps to increase muscle strength as well as bone mass.
- Take adequate precautions to avoid falls (especially in bathrooms and at staircases).
- Use a cane or walker if you are very weak and cannot support you body weight properly.
- Take regular medications as advised by your physician.
- Avoid sedentary life style
- Stop smoking
- Avoid excessive alcohol consumption
- Avoid wearing high-heeled shoes
- Avoid walking on slippery surfaces
- Avoid high impact exercises