osteoporosis – Travel tips
- Consult your doctor before leaving. Get a written treatment and emergency plan made for yourself.
- Have a proper medical check-up done before the trip.
- Pack light.
- Use luggage with wheels so that it is convenient to move.
- Book hotels that provide elevated toilet seats, handrails in bathrooms, lifts/elevators, etc.
- If traveling in a car, ask your driver to drive smoothly and avoid any jerks.
- Use a cushion to support the back. This will make your journey more comfortable.
- Keep an adequate supply of medicines with you.
- Always carry your prescription slip with you.
- Find out the nearest medical help in the area you are going to.
- Ask your hotel staff for the nearest hospital, or telephone no. of the ambulance or a specialist available in the area.
- Whenever going out for a stroll use a walking stick.
- If you go for shopping use a cart and ask for assistance to pickup items far from reach.
- Avoid unnecessary exertion.