BREAST FEEDING – BASIC FACTS ON BREAST MILK
Breast milk is the ideal food for your baby. The baby till 4-6 months of age requires no other food. Women may face some problems in nursing. This mostly happens because the mothers don’t really understand breastfeeding. This is not surprising since most of us don’t have a chance to learn about breastfeeding. Indian mothers secrete 450-600 ml of milk daily with 1.2gm protein content. The energy value is 70 Kcals per 100ml
- Breast milk is the ideal food for your baby. Breast milk offers the best and complete nutrition for a baby in the first four-six months of life.
- The immunity factors in breast milk can help your baby’s body to fight off infections.
- Breast milk contains vitamins, minerals and enzymes, which aid the baby’s digestion.
- Indian mothers secrete 450-600 ml of milk daily with energy value of 70 Kcals and protein content of 1.2gm per 100ml.
- The ability of the breasts to produce milk diminishes soon after childbirth, without the stimulation of breast-feeding.
- Ignorance of the advantages of breast-feeding and the proper method often leads to discontinuation of breast feeding in most cases.