- Sit back on the heels, keeping them apart and well tucked in under the buttocks.
- Keep the head, shoulders and buttocks in a straight line.
- Place your palms on the respective thighs.
- Breathe normally.
- It may be practised for maximum feasible duration, especially after meals for 5- minutes atleast.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Vajrasana
- Next, take the hands back, make a fist of the right hand and hold the right wrist with the left hand.
- Relax the shoulders.
- While breathing in, bend backward from the waist opening up the chest.
- While breathing out, slowly bend forward from the waist bringing the forehead on to the ground in front of the knees. Relax the shoulders.
- While breathing in, slowly come up to the vertical position and then slightly lean backward.
- This forms one round. Continue up to ten rounds.
- Keep the shoulders relaxed always.
- You can separate the knees as per your convenience to avoid unnecessary pressure on the abdomen and chest.
- Synchronize the movements and the breathing.
- Keep your eyes closed and maintain awareness of breath.