Navasana breathing / exercise
- Lie down on the back with the legs, feet and knees together.
- Stretch the hands straight above the head, biceps touching the ears and the palms facing the ceiling.
- Close the eyes.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Supine
- Bring the hands by the side of the body.
- Inhale deeply and raise the legs, head and trunk off the ground.
- Keep the legs at an angle of about 30o to 35o from the floor and the top of the head in line with the toes. Simultaneously raise the hands at the shoulder height parallel to the ground.
- Look towards the toes.
- Breathe out slowly and lower the legs, head and trunk.
- Repeat the practice ten times.
- Relax in shavasana.
- In the final position, the weight of the body should rest on the buttocks and ensure that the spine does not touch the floor.
- Do not hold the breath during this practice.