- Lie down on the back with the legs, feet and knees together.
- Stretch the hands straight above the head, biceps touching the ears and the palms facing the ceiling.
- Close the eyes.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Supine
- Fold both the legs, placing the heels on the ground near to the buttocks.
- While breathing in, raise the buttocks and the trunk up as far as you can.
- While breathing out, slowly lower them down to the floor.
- This is one round. Repeat five rounds.
- Let hands and the feet be firmly placed on the ground throughout the practice.
- Feel the ‘stretch’ in the lower back (lumbar region) while going up and release of the stretch while coming down.
- Synchronize the movements with breathing.