Angina Pectoris – Danger Signals
The classical anginal pain is typically relieved by taking rest or antianginal medication. But in case of worsening of disease consult your doctor. In fact the following are the danger signals that may warrant medical advice:
- Chest pain or discomfort not relieved even after taking three tablets at 5 minutes interval.
- Angina lasting for more than 20 minutes.
- Increase in frequency, severity of angina (i.e. if it gets precipitated by less exertion than before).
- Angina associated with breathlessness, sweating, fainting, nausea or vomiting.
- Angina associated with abnormally high or low pulse rate.
- Don’t exert to that extent which can precipitate angina.
- Avoid situations which can lead to emotional outbursts.
- Stop smoking and avoid heavy drinking.
- Don’t take diet rich in salt and saturated fat.