Angina Pectoris –Do’s and Don’ts
- Regular exercise. It increases the threshold of exertion that could precipitate angina, increases HDL cholesterol level, lowers blood pressure, decreases obesity and promotes collateral (alternative routes) circulation in the heart.
- Maintain ideal body weight.
- Take diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits and polyunsaturated fatty acid.
- Take antianginal medicines regularly as per the instruction of your doctor.
- Take the antihypertensive, antidiabetic or lipid lowering drugs regularly if prescribed and get your blood pressure or blood sugar checked frequently.
- Immediately consult your doctor in case of danger signal.