In addition to taking regular homeopathic medications, eating a healthy diet and modifying your lifestyle can help you cope well with CAD.
- Eating a healthy diet: Taking diet low in fat (especially saturated fat) and cholesterol will help to slow down the process of vessel narrowing (atherosclerosis), the primary cause of CAD. Eating less fat will also help in losing weight.
- Exercising regularly: check with your doctor to find out what kinds of exercise are best for you.
- Maintaining ideal body weight: losing weight can help lower blood cholesterol and is also an effective way to check high blood pressure.
- Avoid smoking: Quitting smoking, dramatically lowers the risk of a heart attack and that of a second one (in people who have already had one).
- Avoid heavy intake of alcohol: Heavy drinking (75g or more per day) increases the risk. Moreover, the protective effect of moderate intake has not been fully substantiated.
- Regularly monitoring blood pressure
- Keeping blood sugar levels within the normal range
- Frequent monitoring of blood lipid levels
- Surgery (coronary angioplasty or coronary artery bypass operation) may be recommended for patients who continue to have frequent or disabling angina despite the use of medications, or people who are found to have severe blockages in their coronary arteries.