In Ayurveda, heart disorders are described briefly under the heading of “Hridrog”.
Heart disorders are of five types
CAUSES OF HEART DISORDERS
- Excessive intake of hot, heavy and dry food.
- Excessive intake of astringic or bitter food.
- Intake of incompatible food.
- Taking meals, before the digestion of previous meal.
- Holding back of natural urges.
- Exertion or over exercising.
- Strong purgation (drug induced) and enema.
- Improper treatment of diseases.
Most of the above mentioned causes aggravate Vat which in turn causes depletion of Ras dhatu. Some of these causes weakens digestive power and produce Aam (Toxic by-product of impaired digestion).
Vataj heart disorder
- Excessive intake of dry food.
- Less intake of food.
Pittaj heart disorder
- Excessive intake of sour, salty and bitter food.
- Intake of food during indigestion.
- Intake of hot food.
- Intake of alcohol
- Excessive exposure to sunlight.
Kaphaj heart disorder
- Excessive intake of oily and heavy food.
- Adopting sedentary lifestyle.
- Excessive sleeping.
Tridoshaj heart disorder
All the above causes cumulatively cause Tridoshaj Heart disorder.
Krimij heart disorder
- Intake of Ghee, milk, Jaggery etc. in Tridoshaj heart disorder.
- Affliction with disease causing organism.
Aggravated doshas vitiates ras dhatu and reside in the root place of Ras dhatu i.e. the heart and produce disorders of the heart
|Dosha||Vatadi dosha, Vat dominant.|