Tips for healthy eating
- A variety of food items (including cereals, pulses, vegetables, fruits, meat / meat products and milk / milk products) should be a part of your regular meals to ensure adequate intake of various nutrients.
- Fibre rich foods like whole grain cereals, green leafy vegetables, fruits, legumes etc. should be included in your diet to maintain regular bowel movement.
- lChoose a diet low in fat, hydrogenated fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol as excessive intake of fat and cholesterol rich foods like butter, ghee, vegetable oils, red meat and eggs increase the chances of obesity, cardiac problems etc.
- Choose a diet moderate in sugar, spices and salt.
- 8 – 10 glasses of water should be taken daily.
- Maintain regularity in the meal timings and frequency for optimum utilization of the food by the body.