As essential trace mineral, which is an integral part of vitamin B12.
- Being a constituent of B12, it is important for Red Blood Cell formation.
- Prevents pernicious anemia.
- Maintains healthy nervous system.
- Aids in the synthesis of DNA and choline
- Meat specially liver
- Beet greens
- No specific deficiency disease, if vitamin B12 is available.
- Cobalt deficiency may lead to less availability of B12 and may result in anemia.
- Toxicity can occur from excess inorganic cobalt. May cause goiter