It inherits it’s name from the Greek word “ion” meaning violet being violet in color.
- Production of thyroid hormone.
- Prevents goitre.
- Maintains healthy hair, skin & nails.
Vital part of hormones secreted by the thyroid gland.
- Iodized salt
- Sea animals (cod, haddock, perch)
- Green pepper
- Whole wheat bread
- Hypothyroidism which may lead to slower metabolism, fatigue, weight gain , dry hair and skin, decreased resistance to infection and thyroid enlargement.
- No toxicity of iodine from dietary sources.
- High intake may affect hormone activity.