- Formation of bones and teeth.
- Proper utilization of carbohydrates and fats for energy production.
- Growth, maintenance and repair of tissues.
- Helps in the formation of Ribonucleic acid (RNA) and Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA).
- Combines with Vitamin B complex to assist their functions.
- Sea food
- Dried peas
- Whole grains
- Dark green leafy vegetables
- Stiff joints
- Bone pain
- Weight loss
- Neuromuscular abnormality
- No known toxicity specific to phosphorus. Excess phosphorus rich diet can affect calcium metabolism and symptoms of calcium deficiency may be seen.