- Helps in the regulation of fluid balance in the body.
- Helps in maintaining the acid base balance in the body.
- It stabilizes the internal structure of the cells.
- Helps in proper functioning of muscles and nerves.
- Regulates the heartbeat and maintains normal blood pressure.
- Green leafy vegetable (spinach, parsley, lettuce)
- Lima beans
- Potato with skin
- Whole grains
- Wheat germ
- Nuts and seeds
- Low fat yogurt and other dairy products
- Muscle weakness
- Slow reflexes
- Irregular heartbeat
- Low blood pressure
- Nervous disorder
Increase in the potassium levels is a common complication in renal failure and may present symptoms like:
- Muscular weakness
- Poor respiratory system leading to cardiac failure.