- Helps in maintaining healthy skin.
- Helps in wound healing.
- Needed for enzymes important for energy production.
- Required for growth and repair of cells and tissue;
- Supports immune function.
- Increases male potency and sex drive.
- Anti inflammatory.
- Maintains taste and smell.
- Oysters and other seafood
- Red meat (lamb, beef, pork)
- Egg yolk
- Milk products
- Whole grains
- Wheat germ
- Brewer’s yeast
- Slow growth
- Hair loss
- Loss of taste sensation
- Delayed healing of skin wounds
- Poor appetite
- Menstrual problems
- Increased susceptibility to infections.
- Zinc is non toxic in amounts less than 100 – 150mg.
- Taking higher doses (150 mg or more) may cause gastrointestinal irritation, nausea and diarrhea.