- Plays an important role in carbohydrate, protein and fat synthesis.
- Needed to produce energy in cells and to form neurotransmitters.
- Helps to maintain healthy skin and an efficient digestive system.
- Helps in proper functioning of the nervous system.
- Needed in formation of Red Blood Cells.
- Important in lowering cholesterol.
- Lean Meat
- Sunflower seeds
- Wheat germ
- Whole grains
- General fatigue
- Anorexia nervosa
- Muscular weakness
- Skin eruptions
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Pellagra – the symptoms are: Dermatitis, Diarrhea, Dementia (3 D’s)
- Avoid high doses as it may lead to ‘Niacin flush’ in some people.
o Redness, warmth and itching of the skin.
o Irritation of gastrointestinal tract of liver.