CONSULTING YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING AN AEROBIC EXERCISE PROGRAMME
It is always advisable to consult your doctor before beginning any exercise programme especially if :
- You have high blood pressure or any other cardiac problems.
- You have suffered from a heart attack.
- You have diabetes.
- You are suffering from asthma, bronchitis or any otherallergies.
- You are suffering from arthritis.
- You are pregnant.
- You have chest pain, especially after exertion.
- You often feel faint or have severe dizzy spells.
- You are suffering from any chronic diseases.
- You are a male above 40 years or a female above 50 years of age.
- You are on a low calorie or any other special diet.
- You are overweight and / or have high lipid levels (Cholesterol and Triglycerides) in blood.
|(kcal / hour / pound)|
|Walking (Brisk 4 mph)||2|
|Jogging (6 mph)||4.6|
|Running (9 mph)||6.5|
|Swimming (25yds per min)||2.4|
Formula for calculation
W = Total body weight in kg.
C = Calorie expenditure (kcal / hr / pound)
Total calories burnt per minute = (W/0.454)*C/60