The most commonest cause of crush injuries are road accidents, train accidents, earthquakes etc. Such injuries can result in both internal and external bleeding, multiple fractures and significant damage to internal organs.
- If the victim has been exposed to the injury for less than 10 minutes, try to release the victim as soon as possible. Call for help if required.
- Control external bleeding and observe for signs of internal bleeding.
- Clean and cover the wounds with sterile dressings or bandages.
- If you suspect any fractures, do not move the victim and support the fractured area.
- Arrange for medical help immediately.
- If the victim has been lying for more than 10 minutes, do not try to move / release the victim as this may cause further damage. Get medical help immediately.