Makes – 1 cup
The above mentioned values are for 1 serving only. Please note that changing/substituting any ingredient in the recipe may cause a change in nutritive value also.
- Boil water in a saucepan. Add barley and salt, cover it.
- Simmer over very low heat for half an hour or until barley is soft.
- Add sugar,milk, cinnamom powder and currants (optional).
- Remove from the heat and kept covered for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
|Things to remember
- Use salt according to the salt restriction prescribed by your physician / dietician
- Use oils / fast according to your physical condition. If you are obese than use low amounts of fats/oils.
- 1 teaspoon (tsp.) = 5 ml / gms
- 1 Tablespoon (Tbs.) = 15 ml / gms
- 1 Bowl (katori) = 150 ml / gms
- 1 Cup = 220 ml