You can easily prevent the flare-ups (sudden episodes) by preventing constipation. By bringing about a few changes in your diet and lifestyle you can make a regular pattern for bowel movements and avoid straining at stool, which usually leads to piles (hemorrhoids). Some important guidelines include:
- Add more fiber (like beans, bran, broccoli, salads, fruits etc.) to your diet.
- Drink plenty of liquids (8-10 glasses at least)
- Have a regular exercise schedule (maybe brisk walking for 20 minutes)
- Lose weight if you are obese.
- Train yourself for a regular bowel movement.
- Never ignore an urge for bowel movement.
- Try not to strain during bowel movements or sit in the toilet for too long.
- Try fiber supplements (link to available medicines) to keep the stool soft and regular.
- Keep the anal area clean using a very soft or moist toilet paper after motion.
- Avoid lifting heavy weights or objects.