For treating constipation, certain dietary changes along with increased fluid intake and exercises have to be implemented first. If the constipation gets relieved by these dietary and lifestyle modifications then no medication required. But if constipation persists, then the cause has to be looked into or searched, depending on which the homeopathic treatment is based.
Homeopathic medicines improves the general condition of the person and make him healthy. Here are few of the remedies which may help in treating constipation.
Constipation- remedies in general
Abies nigra, Aesculus, Aloes, Alumina, Ammonium carb, Anacardium, Bryonia,Causticum, Graphites, Hydrastis, Kali bichromicum, Kali carb, Lycopodium,Magnum mur, Natrum mur, Nitric acid, Nux vomica, Opium, Phosphorus,Platina, Podophylum, Sepia, Silicea, Staphysagria, Sulphur.
- Abuse of enemas : Opium.
- Constipation alternating with diarrhea : Antimonium crudum, Chelidonium, Hydrastis, Nux vomica, Sulphur.
- Constipation from abuse of purgatives : Hydrastis, Nux vomica.
- Constipation from hemorrhoids or piles : Aesculus, Nux vomica, Sulphur.
- Constipation from dryness of intestine : Aesculus, Alumina, Bryonia, Lycopodium, Natrum mur, Opium, Platina, Sulphur.
- Constipation in infants, children : Aesculus, Alumina, Lycopodium, Magnum mur, Nux vomica, Psorinum, Sepia, Silicea.
- Constipation in old people : Alumina, Antimonium crudum, Opium, Selenium.
- Constipation in women : Alumina, Asafetida, Graphites, Hydrastis, Natrum mur, Platina, Podophylum, Sepia.
- Dry, difficult, scanty, knotty, ball or dung-like stools : Alumina, Carduus, Chelidonium, Graphites, Lycopodium, Nux vomica, Sepia, Sulphur.
- When even soft stool is passed with difficulty : Alumina, Anacardium, Platina, Ratanhia, Silicea