DIET AND REGIMEN
During homeopathic treatment any substance that may hinder the effect of homeopathic medicines must be removed from the diet and regimen of the patient. Homeopathic medicines are given in very small doses to the patient, therefore any food having any medicinal properties can hamper the the normal action of these remedies and neutralize their good effects. This can delay the process of cure. In chronic cases it is still more important to regulate the diet and regimen. It is essential that the food taken should be light, easily digestibleand nutritious. In order to obtain quick relief it is necessary to follow the restrictions mentioned. The following things are usually prohibitedwhile taking homeopathic medicines:
- Coffee, herbal teas, alcoholic beverages and aerated water
- Highly spicy foods
- Dishes of herbs, root of plants possessing medicinal properties
- Excess of sugar and salt
- Strong smelling spices such as cardamom, clove, cinnamon, asafoetida
- Onion, garlic mint, radish and all vegetables with bitter taste.
- Chewing tobacco and smoking cigarette
- Be active and avoid a sedentary life
- Do not live in dark, closed apartments. The house should be properly ventilated and adequately lighted
- Wear adequate clothing according to the weather
- Avoid waking up long at night
- Avoid strong perfumes and highly perfumed cosmetics
- Maintain personal hygiene
- Do not indulge in smoking and drinking
- Avoid excessive physical and mental stress
Hence the patient must try to correct all avoidable errors in his diet and lifestyle.
Homeopathic medicines must not be taken along with the food as this can interfere with their absorption. Always take the medicine 30 minutes before or after eating and drinking. Do not chew the medicine and let it dissolve in the mouth.