SCOPE OF HOMEOPATHY
It is a common misconception that homeopathy can only treat chronic diseases and a few acute diseases, but the fact is it that it has a much wider scope and has shown amazing results in the following cases as well. These include:
- Incurable cases: Many diseases like psoriasis, vitiligo etc. which have been labeled incurable by other system of medicine have been wonderfully treated by Homeopathy.
- Surgical cases like BHP (benign hypertrophy of prostate, warts, corns, piles, renal stones, gall stones, uterine fibroids, fibroadenoma in breast). Other system of medicine provide only surgical treatment for these cases but homeopathy can treat them solely by medicines.
- Palliative role: In diseases which are truly incurable, homeopathic medicines can act as the best palliative if chosen according to the basic law of homeopathy. In end stages of a disease homeopathic medicine are given in lower potencies and they help in alleviating the sufferings of the patient.
- Preventive role: Homeopathic medicines can be used for preventing (prophylactic) various diseases like whooping cough, measles, diphtheria, chicken pox, scarlet fever, rabies etc. It also acts as a great prophylactic during epidemics. Depending upon symptoms present in a group of people (living in the epidemic area), the homeopathic doctor selects a single medicine for all the people living in that area. This medicine is called as Genus Epidemicus.
- Past history: Homeopathic medicines can wonderfully remove the after effects of past illness for example a patient comes to the doctor and complains that he has been unwell since he had typhoid for years back. In such a case a dose of Typhoidinum will make the patient feel better.