DPT VACCINE – CONTRAINDICATIONS
- A child with progressive neurological disease
- However, febrile convulsions and cerebral palsy are not contra indications to the first dose.
- Severe reaction to either the DPT/DTaP, including difficulty breathing, hives, fainting and high fever.
- Prolonged crying and screaming episodes lasting for 3 or more hours after the first dose.
- Encephalopathy (swelling of the brain) within 7 days of vaccination not known to be due to any other cause
- Convulsions within 72 hours after the first dose.