HIB VACCINE – DOSAGE & SCHEDULE
- 3 doses at 4-6 week intervals starting at 2 months, or 6, 10, 14weeks along with DPT
- Booster is administered at 15-18 months
- Dose 0.5 ml (10µg purified polysaccharide) is given intramuscular(IM) in the thigh
- It is usually given at the same time as the DPT vaccine. It can be given separately from the DPT, but it can also be given as a combination vaccine (in the same injection) with the DPT vaccine.
- If a child has not taken the vaccine along with DPT as per the recommended schedule, it can be given later.