MMR VACCINE – SIDE EFFECTS
- Mild reactions are fairly common. If these problems occur, they usually happen within 7 to 12 days of getting the shot.
- Mild fever and rash
- Rarely, swelling of the glands in neckJoint pains
- Moderate reactions are less common.
- Convulsion (jerking or staring) caused by high fever (“febrile” seizures)
- Low platelet count, which may cause bleeding problems.
- Serious reactions are extremely rare.
- Allergic reaction, characterized by difficulty in breathing, hoarseness or wheezing, hives, paleness, weakness, a racing heartbeat or dizziness. These occur within a few hours of getting the shot if they have them at all.