MMR VACCINE – TYPE OF VACCINE
- It is a Live attenuated vaccine i.e. it uses weakened virus strains to mimic the infection but prevents the full blown disease.
- MMR vaccine has 3 components. Each 0.5 ml has 1000 TCID50of Measles virus (Schwarz strain), 1000 TCID50of Rubella virus (Urabe AM-9 strain) & 5000 TCID50of Mumps virus (Wistar RA).
- The strains of vaccine virus differ in different countries.
- The protective efficacy is almost 90-95 %.
- It is stored at 2 – 8°C in upper compartment of fridge, together with the diluent.