Large numbers of misconceptions still prevail among the general population, which lead to non-completion of the schedule. None of these conditions warrant postponement of immunization but are frequently made excuse for never the same. However you must keep your Pediatrician informed. These are:
- Mild cough/ cold/ loose motions.
- Premature baby.
- Concurrent antibiotic therapy.
- Breast feeding
- Nonspecific allergies
- Family history of convulsions
- Family history of adverse reactions to vaccine.
Other prevalent misconceptions are:
- Measles is inevitable and is a form of Goddess. Hence, it should not be prevented by vaccination. Parents should realize that measles can cause many complications & even death. This can be effectively be prevented by timely administration of this vaccine.