Forward and backward bending
- Stand erect with feet close together, knees together.
- Hands along the thighs with fingers stretched out.
- The legs, trunk and the head aligned in a straight line.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Tadasana
- Now, stretch the arms straight above the head, palms facing forward.
- Breathe in and bend backward with the arms over the head and while breathing out, bend forward bringing the arms down as much as possible.
- Then while breathing in come up and bend backward and repeat the forward bending while breathing out.
- Repeat it twenty times.
- Start slowly and gradually increase the speed within your limit.
- Similarly gradually slow down and ultimately stop the practice.
- You can also stand with the legs apart when the arms will be moving between the legs.
- While bending forward do not let the hands touch the ground; swing them in the air back and forth.
- Always bend forward from the lower waist.
- Make the movements free, easy and flowing.