- Stand erect with feet close together, knees together.
- Hands along the thighs with fingers stretched out.
- The legs, trunk and the head aligned in a straight line.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Tadasana
- Now, lift up the right thigh and keep it parallel to the floor and you can support it from below with your hands keeping the fingers interlocked.
- Now, rotate the lower leg hanging down freely around the knee joint five times each clockwise and anti-clockwise.
- Put down the right leg on the floor.
- Now repeat the same with the left leg.
- It can be done sitting on a chair or at the edge of a cot.
- If required, use wall support.
- With this practice of knee rotation, there is no risk of injuring the knee joint.