- Sit with both legs stretched, heels together.
- Place the palms on the floor by the side of the buttocks.
- Make the spine, neck and head erect.
- Close the eyes.
l.Starting position (Sthiti): Dandasana
- Lift up the right thigh.
- Bring the right knee to 90 o
- Support the thigh with interlocked hands.
- Keep the right leg parallel to the ground.
- Now, rotate the right lower leg around the knee joint five times clockwise and five times anti clockwise.
- Practise with normal breathing.
- Bring back the right leg down on the floor.
- Now repeat the same with the left leg.
- While rotating allow the leg below the knee to hang freely.
- It can be done, even while sitting in a chair or at the edge of a cot.
- With this practice of knee rotation there is no risk of injuring the knee joint.