Patella Movement (Passive)
- Sit with both legs stretched, heels together.
- Place the palms on the floor by the side of the buttocks.
- Make the spine, neck and head erect.
- Close the eyes.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Dandasana
- Place the palms on the right knee.
- Slowly, push the right kneecap (Patella) forwards with both the thumbs, keeping the fingers around the kneecap for support.
- Then, slowly pull it backward with the fingers of both hands.
- Repeat this movement carefully ten times.
Right and left movement
- Next, move the right kneecap to the right and then to the left alternately with the fingers of both hands.
- Repeat this slowly and gently ten times.
- Finally, cover the right knee cap with the right palm and rotate it clockwise and then anti-clockwise ten times each giving it a gentle massage.
- Repeat all the three types of exercises with the left kneecap.
- It becomes more effective if you can synchronize the movements with deep and slow breathing.
- Breathe in during movements (forward, backward, right or left) and breathe out while relaxing.