Spinal twist or twisting
- Stand erect with feet close together, knees together.
- Hands along the thighs with fingers stretched out.
- The legs, trunk and the head aligned in a straight line.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Tadasana
- Keep the legs about one meter apart.
- Raise the hands sideways parallel to the ground while breathing in.
- Keep the legs firm on the ground and twist to the right, keeping the right hand straight.
- Simultaneously twist the neck and look at the tip of the fingers of the right hand.
- Bend the left hand at the elbow to bring the hand close to the chest.
- Come back while breathing in.
- Repeat the same on the left side.
- Gradually increase the speed to your maximum capacity.
- Repeat 10-20 rounds.
- Slow down the speed and stop the practice.
- Relax in Tadasana.
- All twisting should be above the waist level. Keep the body straight and firm, below the waist.
- Don’t bend the knees.