Crossed legs lumbar stretch
Stage 1 (Right over left)
- Lie down on your back with legs together and arms spread sideways at shoulder level, palms facing the floor.
- Cross the right leg over the left, bend the legs at the knees, wrap the right foot around the left ankle joint.
- Breathe in. While breathing out lower the knees to the right towards the floor, simultaneously turning the head to the left.
- While inhaling, bring the knees and head back to the centre.
- This is one round. Repeat five rounds.
- Repeat the same on the left side.
Stage 2 (Left over right)
- Same as in stage 1, except that now the left leg is over the right. Breathe in.
- Now repeat the same practice in the same way as in stage 1, five rounds.
- If you cannot wrap one foot around the other ankle joint, just keep one leg crossed over the other.
- You should be able to feel more stretch here, than in case of stage 2 of folded legs lumbar stretch.