- Lie down on the back with the legs, feet and knees together.
- Stretch the hands straight above the head, biceps touching the ears and the palms facing the ceiling.
- Close the eyes.
Stage 1 (Leg rotation) I. Starting position (Sthiti): Supine
- While inhaling raise the right leg upto 45o position, without bending it at the knee, keeping the left leg firm on the ground.
- Exhale, when the leg is at 45° position and again while inhaling raise the leg further up to 90o position.
- Now while exhaling , bend the right leg at the knee and pull the right knee towards the chest with the hands (fingers interlocked) and lift the head simultaneously and place the chin on the right knee. Breathe normally.
- Lift the left leg up to 45o and rotate it five times each clockwise and anticlockwise without bending the knee.
- Then lower the left leg onto the ground.
- Now while inhaling, release the hands, bring the head back onto the ground and straighten the right leg.
- While breathing out lower the right leg to 45o position.
- Inhale at this position and while exhaling again lower the right leg further down and on to the ground relax for a while.
- Repeat the same practice on the left side.
- While rotating the leg, try to draw as big a circle as feasible in the air.
- Maintain the compression around the abdomen to achieve the best results.
- Here, leg is raised to 90o position with two inhalations and similarly lowered onto the ground with two exhalations.
- Do not bend the leg at the knee, which is being rotated.
Stage 2 (Rocking and rolling)
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Supine
- Now, breathe in and raise both legs to 45o position.
- Breathe out here and while breathing in again raise the legs further up to 90o position.
- While exhaling fold both the knees and pull them towards the chest with the hands interlocked around the knees and place the chin on the knees.
- Breathe normally.
- Rock the body forwards and backwards five to ten times.
- While rocking forward, try to stand on the feet and while rocking backward, feel the massage to the spine.
- Relax for a while in the same position and proceed to rolling.
- Roll the entire body to the right until the right elbow touches the ground.
- Then roll to the left until the left elbow touches the ground.
- Repeat this rolling five times.
- Stop the movement.
- Inhale, release the hands, bring the head onto the ground and straighten both the legs.
- While exhaling, lower the legs slowly to 45o position.
- Inhale here and while exhaling again lower the legs further down till the legs are on the ground.
- Relax in shavasana.