How constipation can be prevented and managed
To prevent constipation, the cause has to be eliminated first. Commonly constipation develops due to improper diet and lifestyle of the person. But when constipation occurs as a result of some disease, then the disease has to be treated first in addition to certain modifications in diet and exercise (as per medical advice).[/dt_sc_blockquote]
Prevention and Management
- Lifestyle modification.
- Desire to pass stools should never be ignore.
- Contributing enough time for evacuating the bowels is advisable.
- Dietary modification : Take high fiber diet and less of alcohol and sweetened beverages.
- Consumption of plenty of water around 1-2 liters per day.
- Relaxation techniques to lessen stress and anxiety.
- Avoid self medication.
- Regular exercise.