Also known as TOCOPHEROL, this is a fat soluble vitamin.
- Anti oxidant.
- Anti clotting property (protects Red Blood Cell membrane from cell damage).
- Reduces the risk of cardio vascular disease.
- Protects against neurological disorders.
- Helps maintain the biological activity of vitamin A.
- Provides relief from menstrual disorders.
- Support the immune system and the lungs; needed for a range of cellular functions.
- Helps in the prevention of miscarriages.
- May reduce risk of certain cancers and prevent/delay cataracts.
- Vegetable and seed oil (wheat germ oil, walnut oil, soyabean oil, corn oil, sunflower oil, etc.)
- Wheat germ
- Egg yolk
- Sunflower seeds
- Soya bean
- Any deficiency disorder due to lack of vitamin E has not been established.
- Not stored readily and excess is eliminated in the urine, hence toxicity is unlikely.