- Drink a cup of warm milk with a pinch of saffron every night.
- Take fresh pine apple after meals.
- Take clove or cinnamon tea.
- Prepare the infusion of peppermint leaves and drink it.
- Peppermint oil has to be rubbed on abdomen area.
- Chew ginger root.
- Take raw or cooked saunf (fennel) seeds.
- Take an equal amount of ginger powder, black pepper, dried mint leaves, hing (asafoetida), aniseeds, coriander seeds, cumin, fennel and common salt. Grind them together to make a fine powder. Take about 1 teaspoon of this powder with water, twice a day after meals.
- Drinking buttermilk after a meal improves digestion. Roasted cumin seeds and a little salt in the buttermilk enhances its effectiveness.
- A teaspoon of ginger juice mixed in a quarter of a cup of warm water can be taken two or three times a day. A teaspoon of lemon juice and a pinch of salt can be added to make it more effective.
- Take mint tea twice daily.
- Mix 1 tbsp ginger in a cup of hot water. Steep for 10 to 15 minutes. Strain. Drink after meals.
- Take one quarter cup of fresh onion juice with half teaspoon honey and half teaspoon black pepper.
- Add a pinch of salt and baking soda in a finely chopped garlic clove and eat it.
- Take lime juice.
Indigestion of milk in infants
- Add small pippli -one grams in boiling milk (200 ml). After boiling sieve the milk and give this milk to infant.
- Add half teaspoon saunf (fennel) seeds in a cup of milk. Boil it and sieve it. Give this milk to infant.
- Soak one teaspoon of saunf (fennel) seeds in half cup of water overnight and sieve it. Add this water to infant’s milk and give this to infant.
- A drop of vinegar rubbed into the centre of the bite can bring quick, long lasting relief.
- Apply a paste of sodium bicarbonate on mosquito bite.
- Apply chopped onions on the affected areas.
For honey bee bite
- Firstly try to pull out the sting with the help of a forceps or needle then rub mixture of kerosene oil and salt at the affected site.
For bee sting
- A freshly cut onion draws out the poison if applied to a bee sting or other insect bite.
- For a painful bite, take a pinch of baking soda and place it in your palm. Now add a few drops of water to make a paste. Apply this paste to the affected areas.
For Tataiya bite
- Use of turpentine oil at the affected site gives relief.
- Make paste of marigold flower petals (10 grams) and black pepper (5 no.) and apply this to the affected site.
For scorpion bite
- Apply mixture of crushed tulsi (holy basil) leaves and salt on the affected site.
For rat bite
- Crush mint leaves in water and apply the paste at the affected site.
Mosquito and insects bite
- Rub the affected site with chopped lemon or onion or their juice.
- Apply garlic juice at the affected site.
- For ant bite, wash the affected area with saline water.
For spider bite
- Apply amchoor (dried mango powder) paste at the affected site.
For snake bite
- Take out juice of 100 grams onions. Divide the juice into three equal parts. Mix one part with 30 ml mustard oil. Drink this mixture and repeat after half an hour. Usually such three doses are sufficient.
For wasp sting
- Soak a cotton plug in apple-cider vinegar and apply this to sting.
Insomnia (lack of sleep)
- Mix equal amounts of powder of watermelon seed kernel and khus-khus (white poppy)seeds, and take1teaspoon of this mixture twice daily.
- Grind one teaspoon khus-khus (poppy seeds) with a glass of water and sieve this mixture. Add 25 grams of mishri in it and take this solution once daily.
- Take 1 teaspoon fresh mint leaves or half teaspoon of dried mint leaves powder and boil them in 200 ml of water for 2-3 minutes. Add 2 teaspoon pure honey in this lukewarm mixture and take it before retiring to bed.
- Take apple murabba with a glass of milk before retiring to bed.
- Wash feet with lukewarm water.
- Massage soles with mustard oil.
- Massage head with almond or brahmi oil.
- Put 4 drops of lukewarm mustard oil in ears before retiring to bed.
- Take raw onion with meals.
- Take chamomile tea before retiring to bed.
- Apply a chamomile compress to the head.
- Drink a cup of warm milk before retiring to bed.
- Eat 10-20 cherries daily.
- Drink a cup of tomato juice with two teaspoon sugar and two pinches of nutmeg. Drink the juice between 4-5 in the afternoon.
Itching all over the body
- Add five grams pure camphor in 100 ml coconut oil. Store this oil in an airtight bottle. Shake this bottle and place it on sunlight till camphor dissolves in oil. Daily massage your body with this oil before taking bath.
- Soak 25 grams triphala powder in two glasses of water overnight. Wash affected region with this water.
- Take mixture of one gram black pepper and cow’s ghee 10 grams on empty stomach on empty stomach. Do not take any thing up to two hours of this medication.
- Finely clean the newly formed neem leaves (20-25 in no.) and add 10 black peppers corn in it. Make the fine paste with water and drink this for seven days.
- For prickly heat rash, rub a watermelon rind over the rash and let it dry.
- Add rose petals (one cup) to the peanut oil (one cup). Keep this in sunlight for two weeks and strain. Add olive oil (half cup) in this. Add one tablespoon of this oil to bath water.
- Moderate itching (the sort of thing you get from a mosquito bite or mild case of poison ivy without blisters) often responds to a hot water application. The water needs to be hot enough to be slightly uncomfortable but not so hot that it burns (120–130 degrees Fahrenheit).
- If you let the hot water tap run for a few minutes this should be about right. A few seconds’ exposure is all you need to produce several hours of relief.