For ear ache
- Take two cloves of garlic. Put these garlic cloves in a cup of mustard oil. Allow the oil to heat. When cloves starts burning or their color changes to black remove oil from heat. Now sieve this oil by muslin cloth and apply to the affected area (oil’s temperature has to be easily bearable)
- Crush the onions finely and put them in a cloth. Try to extract juice by properly mashing them. Heat this juice and put 2-3 drops daily.
For ear discharge
- Add 5-7 leaves of neem in the above mentioned remedy and apply this oil (2-3 drops) daily before retiring to bed.
- Heat 250 ml mustard oil in a thick bottomed iron pan. When oil starts boiling put some newly formed neem leaves in it. As soon as the color of these leaves change to black, remove the pan from heat and allow it to cool. Now sieve this oil and put in a bottle. Apply this oil at the affected area.
- Soak 4 grams of chirayta and kutki in 125 ml water overnight in a glass bottle. Now sieve this mixture and take water. Add 125 ml water in the same bottle for the next day. Same chirayta and kutki can be used for four days.
- An oatmeal bath can help in reducing irritation and itching of skin.
- Wash the affected areas with a strong infusion of marigold flowers.
- Wash the sore patches by infusion of witch hazel.
Enlargement of liver and spleen
- Take equal quantities of old jaggery and powdered harad peel. Mix them properly and make tablets of it. Take these tablets twice daily with lukewarm water.
For eye ache
- Take 250mg phitkari (alum salt) and grind them to a very fine powder. Add 1/2 teaspoon rose water in it and apply it as eye drops thrice daily.
- Grind the tamarind seed kernel to the powder consistency. Add water in this powder to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste to affected area.
- Compress a black tea bag over the eye. Let it stay for 15-20 minutes. Do this twice daily.
For dark circles
- Mix 1 teaspoon tomato juice, half teaspoon lemon juice, a pinch of turmeric powder andbesan (bengal gram flour (in small quantity). Apply this paste around eyes and keep it for 10 minutes. Wash it off before it becomes dry. Use it once daily.
- Tomato juice 125 ml, juice of half lemon, 5-7 mint leaves and black salt are to be mixed together. Take this mixture once daily.
Falling of hair
- Mix lemon juice and coconut oil in 1:2 ratio and massage it through your finger tips on your scalp.
- Use fresh ground cinnamon in your regular meals.
- Take mint tea.
- Massage castor oil at the affected area for 2-3 minutes daily before retiring to bed.
- Dip feet for in reasonably hot water containing salt or alum salt (phitkari) powder for 5-10 minutes. Then rub feet with rough towel to remove dead skin. Prepare a mixture of 25 grams bee wax (pure), 50 ml sesame oil and heat it. When this becomes homogenous in appearance store it in a container. After cleaning your feet by the above mentioned method apply this mixture.
- Castor oil can also be used for massage instead of the above mixture.
- Take 10 grams each of raisins and fresh ginger. Crush them and put in 200 ml. water for an hour. Then boil it until the water reduces to 50 ml. Strain and drink while warm. This preparation can be taken twice a day. It helps in reducing the symptoms of fever.
- Warm water (half glass) with one tea spoon lemon juice can be taken 3 to 4 times a day.
- Take 20 grams of coriander seeds and soak them overnight in 150 ml. of water. Strain and drink the water next morning. This gives relief from the burning sensation.
- It is also good to put a paste of sandal wood powder on the fore head of the patient. The paste can be prepared by mixing a little water in sandal wood powder.
- If bowels are not clear enema with warm water can be given. Some laxatives can also be taken.
- Take one tea spoon of ginger juice and mix it with one teaspoon of lemon juice. Add a pinch of common salt in this. With the help of a dropper put two drops in each nostril. This can be done twice a day, in the morning and evening.
- If the fever goes higher than 102 0 Fahrenheit, it should be brought down by putting pieces of cloth soaked in cold water on the fore head, hands, arms and feet. The cloth pieces should be regularly changed after a few minutes.
- Take half teaspoon of turmeric powder. Mix it in a cup of warm milk and one teaspoon honey or some other sweetener in this and drink it. This can be taken twice daily.
- Take 250 ml thin buttermilk with ajwain (omum) powder and a pinch of black salt after lunch.
- Take 1-2 garlic cloves and put them in the deseeded munakkas (raisins). Chew these munakkas after meals.
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed powder in a glass of juice twice a day, together with two capsules offennel seed two or three times a day.
- Take saunf (fennel) tea.
- Add the powdered cinnamon (one teaspoon), powdered ginger (one teaspoon) and cardamomseeds (six no.) to the boiling water. Reduce the heat and simmer it for 20 minutes. Drink this tea twice daily.
- Toenail fungus can be unsightly. Soak the infected nails for at least fifteen to thirty minutes daily in the solution of vinegar and warm water (1:2 ratio). Allow six weeks to see a cure.(3)