Gall bladder stone
- Mix six almond kernel, six munakkas (raisins), four grams kharbooja (musk melon) seeds, two small cardamon and 10 grams mishri and grind them together. Now add this powder to half cup of water and sieve it. Take this water once daily.
- Chew clove wrapped in a betel leaf.
- Take lemon tea.
- Soak dried amla (indian gooseberry) and coriander seeds (one teaspoon each) in 250 ml water in an earthen vessel overnight. Mash and sieve it. Add 2 teaspoon mishri powder to this and have it.
- Smell some sliced onions.
- Put a cup pineapple juice in the freezer. Prepare a pineapple juice ice pack and use it for cold fomentation.
- Treat a gum boil with a paste of baking soda and water.
- Drink half cup of aloe vera gel thrice daily.
- Mix half teaspoon turmeric powder in 1teaspoon ghee. Apply this mixture externally to the hemorrhoids.
- Squeeze one lemon in a cup of water. Take this drink frequently. Instead of lemon, you can useapple juice also.
- Pour cold water on to head.
- Drink a glass of fresh orange juice with one teaspoon lime juice and a pinch of cuminpowder.
- Drink coconut water.
- Add 1 teaspoon lime juice, half teaspoon sugar and a pinch of salt in a glass of water. Add half teaspoon baking soda in it just before drinking it.
For Indian hemp (bhang)
- Soak 30 grams imli (tamarind) in a glass of water. Mash and sieve it. Add 30 grams jaggeryto it. Take this mixture.
- Give either sweet fresh curd or buttermilk.
- Give lemon, lemon pickle or guava fruit.
- For severe hangover- Lukewarm mustard oil and instill it’s few drops into both ears.
- Take half to one gram hing (asafoetida) either in water or buttermilk (60 ml).
- To induce vomiting
- Add 1 teaspoon powdered rai (mustard seeds) in 60 ml water and give this to patient.
- Add 2 teaspoon of salt in a glass of water and give this to patient. Followed by tickling of Uvula
- Pour cold water on to head.
Any other type
- Mash 60 grams of grapes in water and sieve it. Add black pepper, cumin powder and salt to it. Take this mixture.
- Take 100-200 ml of onion juice.
- Add some drops of lavender oil in a cotton plug and put this plug on nostrils.
- Lavender oil bath can also be effective.
- Ginger footbath can also be used.
- Take chamomile tea.
- Inhale the basil oil for migraine.
- Mix drinking soda, warm water and lemon juice. Take this solution.
- Heat a cup of milk and add one tablespoon of honey and a dash of lemon juice in it. Take this milk before sleep.
- Cold compress is good for sinus headaches.
- Pour the boiling water (four cups) over the dried peppermint leaves (half a cup). Cover the pan and steep it for ten minutes. Strain this and drink about half to two cups.
- A paste made of sandalwood powder can also be applied on the forehead.
- Mix a quarter of a teaspoon of clove powder in a teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply this mixture to the forehead, on the location of pain.
- Take a few drops of ghee (clarified butter) on your palm. Mix 3 or 4 pieces of saffron in it, and rub it for two minutes. The saffron does not dissolve in the ghee, but its qualities are absorbed. Take the saffron out and put two drops of this ghee in each nostril. This can be done twice a day.
- Oil massage on the scalp also relieves tension and headache. Sesame oil, almond oil,mustard oil or ghee (clarified butter) can be used for massage.
- Take 1 teaspoon of almond oil and heat it. When it cools down, put two drops in each nostril.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of milk and half a teaspoon of ginger powder. Mix them and put one or two drops in each nostril. This can be done twice a day.
- Grate some ginger and take this one teaspoon daily.
- Heat one teaspoon sesame oil in a small pan. put a finely chopped clove of garlic in it and cook it till the garlic turns brown. While cooking press the garlic pieces in oil and let it cool down. Put this oil into ears.
- Drink chamomile tea before meals and as the last thing at night to prevent heart burn.
- Peel four medium sized potatoes and cut them in small chunks. Cover them with water and some dill leaves and seeds. Boil them until they are soft. Remove the potatoes and keep the water. Strain this water and have this some tablespoons.
- Take two teaspoon of aloe vera gel with a pinch of baking soda.
- For hyperacidity and indigestion, drink a cup of papaya juice with 1teaspoon sugar and two pinches of cardamom.
- Mix half teaspoon sugar, quarter teaspoon baking soda and few drops of lemon juice in a cup of water. Just before drinking add baking soda and have it.
- Mix finely powdered dried amla (indian gooseberry) and mishri in equal quantities. Take 2 teaspoon with water on an empty stomach daily.
- Include onions and garlic in your regular meals.
- Take fresh powdered bark of Arjun . Take this powder twice daily with milk.
- Take fresh powdered bark of arjun. Take 250 ml milk with same amount of water and put in on low flames. Add 1 teaspoon of above mentioned powder to it and boil till water completely dries up. Sieve this mixture and have it reasonably hot. Take it daily on an empty stomach early in the morning. Do not take any thing up to two hours of it’s intake.
- Take fresh ginger tea.
- Take raw onions with meals.
- Take plenty of water or buttermilk before going in sunlight.
- Boil four raw mangoes. Mash them and add salt (to taste), 2 grams cumin seed powder andmint powder. Drink this pana twice daily.
- Apply bitter ghee or aloe vera gel on the affected area.
- Take half teaspoon triphala powder with warm water at night.
- Grind two cloves and mix this powder in 30 ml water. Warm it and take this.
- Coarsely grind 4 cardamom (with peel) and mix it in 500 ml water. Boil until it remains half. Sieve it through muslin cloth and drink this warm or lukewarm.
- Take small pieces of fresh ginger and keep them in mouth.
- Take some sugar or any other sweet dish.
- Mix one teaspoon castor oil with one teaspoon honey. Every two or three minutes, dip your index finger and then lick it.
High blood pressure
- Extract juice of onion and mix it with equal amount of pure honey. Take 2 teaspoon once daily.
- Grind watermelon seed kernel and white poppy seeds separately. Mix these two powders in equal quantity. Take 1 teaspoon of this powder twice daily on empty stomach.
- Take methi (fenugreek) powder twice daily on an empty stomach.
- Chew 2-3 cloves of garlic with water early in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Mix equal quantities of besan (bengal gram flour) and wheat flour. Use this flour (without sieving) for chapatis.
- Store drinking water in copper vessel overnight and take this on an empty stomach.
- Make paste of 4-5 tulsi (holy basil) leaves and 2-3 neem leaves in two to four teaspoon of water. Take this with water on empty stomach early in the morning.
- Take ripe papaya on empty stomach at early morning. Do not take anything for next two hour.
- Take thin buttermilk.
- Squeeze half lemon in half cup of water and drink it twice daily.
- Drink a cup of mango juice followed by (an hour later) half cup warm milk with a pinch ofcardamom, a pinch of nutmeg and one teaspoon ghee.
- Mix orange juice and coconut water in 2:1 ratio and drink half to one cup twice or thrice daily.
- Eat some watermelon with a pinch of cardamom and coriander powder.
- Add one teaspoon honey and 5-10 drops of apple cider vinegar to a cup of hot water and drink it early morning.
Hoarseness of voice
- Take half gram of raw suhaaga and allow it to dissolve in mouth. (hoarseness due to shouting)
- Chew mulethi (licorice) powder before retiring to bed (hoarseness due to intake of cold water after having hot meals)
- Chew equal quantities of black pepper corn and batashe (sweet) before retiring to bed (hoarseness due to cough and cold).
- Take black pepper powder with pure ghee after meals.
Hyperactive child (age over three)
- Add one teaspoon of honey in a small glass of buttermilk and give this to child before bedtime.