- Grind two small cardamom and take this powder followed by a glass of milk.
- Take barley water, coconut water, sugar cane juice or kulthi water.
- Drink water stored (overnight) in copper vessel in early morning.
- Take thin buttermilk (add some fresh coriander leaves) in lunch.
- Boil 25 grams corn fibers (present between outer peels and cob) in a glass of water till remain one third. Sieve it and drink.
- Take seven to eight fresh tulsi (holy basil) leaves and crush them. Take them with honey.
- Prepare a weak saline solution by adding half teaspoon salt in half cup of lukewarm water. Instill five drops of this solution into each nostril with a dropper. Repeat the procedure as and when required.
- Use garlic juice as nose drops.
- Mix the dried powder of amla (indian gooseberry) and mulethi (licorice). Add equal quantity of mishri powder in it. Take 1teaspoon of this powder in a glass of milk.
- Do gargles with the mixture of roasted phitakri (alum salt) in half a glass of warm water.
- Make decoction of 2 teaspoon ajwain (omum) powder in 500 ml water by boiling it for 25 minutes. Add salt to it and do gargles with this water twice daily.
- Mix equal quantities of dried coriander seeds and mishri. Take 1teaspoon of this mixture twice daily.
- Coarsely grinded turmeric, salt (sendha), coarsely grinded vayvidang is to be mixed together (one teaspoon each). Boil this mixture in two glass water. Sieve it through fine muslin cloth. Do gargles with this water before retiring to bed.
- Do gargles with warm saline water twice or thrice daily.
- Add half teaspoon turmeric powder in a cup of milk and boil it. Allow it to cool and drink it.
- Mix two parts of ginger powder, two parts of cinnamon powder and three parts of mulethi(licorice) powder. Add 1 teaspoon of this water in a cup of water and boil it for 5 to 10 minutes. Strain it and drink thrice daily.
Sprains and strains
- Drink some pineapple or pomegranate juice daily.
- For ankle sprain soak your foot on a pot of hot water containing mustard seeds tea bag (home made). Method: Make the bag by putting two teaspoon brown mustard seeds in a clean handkerchief or muslin cloth. Immerse this bag in hot water.
- To relieve the swelling soak your foot in hot water with some salt for 15 minutes.
- Make a smooth paste of half teaspoon turmeric powder and half teaspoon salt. Use cool water to prepare the paste. Apply this paste to the swelled area.
- Chew one fresh amla daily.
- Grind seven kernels of almond with seven black pepper corns with some water to a paste. Add some mishri powder in this and have it on empty stomach daily morning.
- Chew two black pepper corns twice a day.
- Coarsely grind five grams fennel seeds and boil them in 300 ml water. When it remains one third add 50 grams mishri and 250 ml cow’s milk. Take it daily before retiring to bed.
- Rub a little brahmi oil on the sole of your feet and on your scalp at bed time.
- Rub castor oil on the soles of your feet.
- Apple-cider vinegar is very soothing and healing. Soak a clean cloth in vinegar and apply it to the sunburned areas. Use as and when required.
- Warm some olive oil (half cup) and gently add apple-cider vinegar (half cup) and honey (two tablespoon). Allow it to cool. Apply liberally as needed.
- Apply aloe vera cream to the site of the burn. You can also use aloe vera gel instead of cream.
- Apply coconut oil on the affected area.
- Apply bitter ghee externally.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it into cool milk and apply this on the affected area.
- Apply fresh cream directly on the sun burnt skin.
- Make a paste of sandalwood and turmeric powder by mixing them in equal amount with a little cool water. Apply this paste gently on the sun burnt area.
Sweaty palms and soles
- Boil five tea bags in a litre of water for five minutes. When the solution cools, soak your hands or feet for twenty to thirty minutes at night.