EXTENT OF THE PROBLEM
- This is the commonest sexual problem among men.
- About 35 – 40% of individuals with sexual problems, complaint of early ejaculation at some stage of their sexual life.
- It has been found in various surveys that around 10% of men over 18 years of age suffer from this problem.
- As the age goes up, the problem tends to increase.
- According to one survey each and every man above 40 has at least once had a fear of being impotent and in fact 50 – 70% of men beyond 75 years of age are impotent.
- An estimate of 20% of the general population do suffer from this problem.
- This problem is much more common in women.
- As per the US Bureau of the census the male prevalence rate for homosexuality is 2 – 3%.
- There are about 10% men who were exclusively homosexual, for at least three years.
- Among women, it has been found that about 2% of adult female population were predominantly homosexual.
- At least 4% of men are exclusively homosexual throughout their lives.
Loosing vitality (Semen / Dhat / Vital fluid)
- It is known condition in Indian subcontinent including India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka.
- It is also seen in China, Taiwan and other Asian countries.
- Exact data are not available as different culture have different meaning for the condition.
- As for as male masturbation is concerned, almost every man masturbates in his life time, however about the women masturbation, the figure varies from 35 – 70%. So there are women who are not able to enjoy masturbation.